Thursday, September 22, 2011

One Scale ALMOST Mastered!

Ok so during class yesterday I tested Paige and how much she remembered and if she still had the B flat scale memorized or if she had forgotten. She remembered all of the fingerings and how to properly hold the flute. The only thing was her problem with getting the high notes and tone. She had ok tone on Monday but when she played for me yesterday it was really airy and she lost more air quicker. This is apparently normal because when another trumpet came in who had played the flute a little bit, he had the same problem as Paige. After about forty-five minutes she played it almost perfectly and I called that good for the day because Mr. Matthys told us to come in and join the rest of the band. She did earn the candy but since I have yet to buy the candy I now owe her candy and or another one of my homemade peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Which I will make sure she doesn't eat then blow all the crumbs into my flute!

A will be posting some videos of yesterdays playing test soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment